Kingdom is in cooperation with Siemens AG to design the energy management system, for enhancing its overall information management level and production operation capacity. Through the collection, analysis and processing of energy source data, the management and optimization in the aspects of energy equipment, energy performance, energy planning, energy balance, energy KPI assessment and etc. can be realized, and energy efficiency can be improved.
Install energy measurement equipment and reporting, connect the network to achieve the monitoring and statistic of energy data.
Improve energy measurement equipment and reporting, improve network, and analyze energy KPIs to achieve the forecast of energy usage.
Optimize the scheduling and procurement of energy, and analyze the return of investment based on the forecasted result of energy usage.
Saving Water and Energy
“Comprehensive use of resources, Development of circular economy, Establishment of green linen yarn brands” are the key sustainable development strategies of Kingdom. Centering around the principals of “Minimal resource consumption” and “Minimal emissions”, Kingdom has adopted various energy-saving and emissions reduction measures with the aim of saving energy, decreasing consumption, reducing pollution and enhancing efficiency. The Group actively seeks to transform the model of its economic growth, and to integrate low-consumption, greenness, environmental-protection and low-carbon emissions into its operation so as to achieve a harmonic equilibrium between economic efficiency, social benefits and environmental well-being.
Measures taken for the efficient use of resources
- Coal saving through the burning of flax ash as bio-fuel: During the pre-spinning processes of linen yarn, the dust removal equipment produces certain amount of flax ash. Such ash would originally be disposed as solid waste. However, with the purchase of flax ash compressors, Kingdom will compress flax ash into ash chunks. Flax ash is a combustible bio-fuel and the mixing of flax ash and coal for combustion can significantly reduce the consumption of coal. This will not only lower the amount of solid waste, but also reduce emissions as bio-fuel produces fewer emissions than coal.
- Using efficient electric motors: Through energy-saving modifications, efficient electric motors from German Siemens AG supplier which could save about 5% of energy as compared with the old motors notwithstanding the increase of utilization rate are installed.
- Waste heat recovery from boilers: Temperature of the current exhaust-gas of boilers is over 200 degrees. With the installation of water tank, the waste heat produced from boilers can maintain the water in the water tank at certain temperature in order to produce hot water or steam to be used in other production processes or procedures.
- Variable-frequency modification of high-capacity wind turbines: Kingdom has installed variable-frequency control devices from German Siemens AG supplier in its existing high-capacity wind turbines of its equipment in order to maximize their energy efficiency and cut down the use of electricity when they are not running at full capacity.
- Recovery and reuse of condensation water: The scouring and bleaching boilers are currently heated by steam. The cooling of the steam results in a large amount of condensation water (100 tonnes/day) at a temperature of 90 to 100 degrees. Feeding the condensed water into the boilers can maintain the temperature of the water inside the water tanks at 35 to 45 degrees, thereby cutting the use of coal by 1,000 tonnes per year.
- Use of backwash water: Water used in scouring and bleaching boilers is filtered in filtering tanks and these tanks are generally washed every day, consuming approximately 200 tonnes of water daily. Kingdom has reconstructed the drains of its filtering tanks, through which the waste water is released to sedimentation pools where sedimentation process will take place for a certain period of time in order to remove most of its impurities. Following this process, the water will be purified and used as backwash water of the filtering tanks again, thereby saving of approximately 90% of water daily.
- Reuse of scouring, bleaching and cleaning water: Due to technical requirement, yarn is washed 8 times during the scouring and bleaching processes. As clean water is needed for each wash, Kingdom uses secondary scouring and bleaching tanks to recover some of the water from the scouring and bleaching processes to be reused, in order to save the use of clean water in two washes.
NATURAL GAS STEAM BOILERS
Kingdom has adopted clean energy by gradually replacing the coal-fired steam boilers of Zhejiang Jinyuan with gas-fired ones. The use of natural gas can significantly reduce the emission of acidic pollutants and air pollution. The gas-fired boilers can provide stable steam supply with high efficiency. They are also easy to operate and can greatly lessen the operating and maintenance burden on operators.
The PV electricity generation project of Zhejiang Jinda commenced construction in 2016. Zhejiang Jinda is located in a region that enjoys favourable conditions for the use of solar energy. It has installed PV energy-saving equipment on the roof top. Not only can the PV panels generate electricity, but it can also effectively block sun light, lower indoor temperature and reduce energy consumption of the building. The main benefit of the PV technology is that it does not require the burning of any non-renewable energy sources such as coal, petroleum or natural gas in its operation.。